Interior Designer Voelklip – Simple Design Ideas
Whether you want to update the bathroom or modernise the living room here are some simple decorating tips to help you renovate any room in your home:
- Start with a mood board – look through your favourite interior design magazines to get inspiration for the style, colours and patterns and create a collage or surf the web and create a Pinterest board
- Update lampshades with new ones in more contemporary colour
- Painting a room is the top makeover solution – you can simply paint one wall in a focal colour or you could paint the insides of bookshelves or your ceiling in a contract colour to the walls.
- Always remember to place the three most important activity points of any room in a triangle as this will create flow and ease of use. This is particularly important in the kitchen where the most used equipment and work areas should be grouped together to allow effective and efficient use of the room
- Make small spaces larger by hanging a large mirror – this simple move will instantly double the feeling of space.
- It is essential to create a good lighting scheme which will make a space instantly welcoming. Always ensure that the primary source of light is strong and then arrange table and floor lamps for softer mood lighting.
- Create one main focal point in every room from a statement piece of furniture to an outsized mirror or statement bed linen in the bedrooms where the bed is the focal point. You can’t go wrong with crisp white cotton or linen bedding: it always looks inviting and elegant.
- Group decorative objects such as candles, pictures and other interior accesssories in odd numbers – this just works.
- Create a welcoming and relaxing space in the living areas by layering different sized cushions on sofas, piling up throws and quilts on bed and using a combination of blinds, voile and heavier curtains on windows.
- Finally, don’t forget to conceal all your day to day clutter so ensure that when you design your room you have enough storage as this will create a far more relaxing and peaceful ambience to your room.